Bed & Breakfast / Chambres d'hôtes
in the Vosges, France
'The place to be to relax and enjoy outdoor activities'.
On the mountain in the beautiful nature reserve of the high Vosges (NO France) lies our attractive farmhouse Maison Helise from 1865 at almost 800 meters altitude.
Our Bed & Breakfast Maison Helise is quietly located on the mountainside with a great view over the village of La Croix-aux-Mines, located in the valley. Maison Helise has been completely converted into a comfortable Bed & Breakfast. On the ground floor there is a spacious lounge with a cozy wood-burning stove and a dining area.
It is for all a place for outdoor lovers who want to be surrounded by tranquility and exquisite nature. In the summer you can choose to wander the many hiking trails, go cycling, MTB or go swimming in one of the several beautiful lakes. Alternatively there are various walks nearby some of which start only 2 km from our house. We have plenty of information available with walks; maps, tours you are welcome to use.
In the winter the area is ideal for winter activities: skiing, cross-country skiing or snow walking on snow rackets. The nearby ski areas are: La Bresse - Hohneck with over 50 km of slopes and Gérardmer - La Mauselaine, Lac Blanc and La Schlucht.
I would like to mention two more annual events:
- The international mineral fair in Sainte-Marie-aux-mines in the month of June ; 21 - 25 June 2023
- The Quilt Festival in Sainte-Marie-aux-mines in the month of September, this is planned in 2023 on 14 - 17 September
This place is nearby; 15 minutes drive.
- A website with a number of beautiful walks :https://www.bleijs.net/vogezen/welkom.php
- Vosges tips; A website with a lot of beautiful, fun, interesting tips, things, facts :https://www.devogezen.nl/
- Beautiful vistas; Another good example of beautiful Vosges places :
The Hohneck with the famous Route de Crête, a mountain ridge road, is located at an altitude of 1364 m. The Grand Ballon at 1424m with a beautiful view of the Alps in clear weather. The cities of Gérardmer, Colmar, Freiburg, but also Strasbourg and Nancy are within reachable distance for a day trip.
- Dogs are welcome
- Ideal for groups, retreats, group training, workshops.
- Personal coaching